A phase II trial of bendamustine, carboplatin, and dexamethasone for refractory or relapsed peripheral T-cell lymphoma (BENCART trial)

Byeong Bae Park, Won Seog Kim, Cheolwon Suh, Jung Yong Hong, Deok Hwan Yang, Won Sik Lee, Young Rok Do, Young Il Koh, Jong Ho Won, Min Kyoung Kim, Jae Cheol Jo, Shin Young Hyun, Jeong A. Kim, Young Ha Oh, Seung Sook Lee

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Abstract

This trial was designed to investigate the efficacy and toxicity of bendamustine, carboplatin, and dexamethasone (BCD) for relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphomas (PTCLs), which would be expected to exhibit more promising clinical outcomes compared with bendamustine therapy alone. After treatments with BCD, eight patients exhibited a complete response (CR; 29%) and seven exhibited a partial response (PR; 25%). The overall response rate (ORR) was 54%. Five patients proceeded to ASCT and three patients finally achieved CR. The median progression-free survival (PFS) was 4.4 months (2.8–6.0, 95% CI). For a total of 85 cycles of BCD, grade 3 or 4 neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, and anemia occurred in 17.6, 38.8, and 16.5% of cycles, respectively. Only one patient experienced febrile neutropenia. BCD was a considerable salvage regimen for relapsed or refractory PTCLs with acceptable toxicity; AITL or ASCT eligible patients were more effective to BCD. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02424045.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)3251-3257
Number of pages7
JournalLeukemia and Lymphoma
Volume60
Issue number13
DOIs
StatePublished - 10 Nov 2019

    Fingerprint

Keywords

  • Lymphoma and Hodgkin disease
  • bendamustine
  • neoplasia
  • salvage therapy

Cite this

Park, B. B., Kim, W. S., Suh, C., Hong, J. Y., Yang, D. H., Lee, W. S., Do, Y. R., Koh, Y. I., Won, J. H., Kim, M. K., Jo, J. C., Hyun, S. Y., Kim, J. A., Oh, Y. H., & Lee, S. S. (2019). A phase II trial of bendamustine, carboplatin, and dexamethasone for refractory or relapsed peripheral T-cell lymphoma (BENCART trial). Leukemia and Lymphoma, 60(13), 3251-3257. https://doi.org/10.1080/10428194.2019.1622100